Thursday, August 21, 2008

What is FRIEND?

When mention about FRIENDS,everyone start to think about their friend.Some of them might also start to count how many friend they have since their childhood time.Everyone must have friend at least one in their entire life.Sometimes I asked myself, did I really understand what is the meaning of FRIEND?Do I really have a good FRIENDSHIP with my friends?Why people need friend in their life? why we being a friend for so many people at the same time? what is the real rules in friendship?All these question comes into my mind.

Why I choose to post this topic? Because sometimes I don't know what to do and when I don't know what to do, I alway think about this kind of silly question.SometimesI asked myself,why should I care about all those thing.Even sometimes I really crazy and I asked myself,who is the first person who introduced "A,B,C" AS a letter,who is the first personthat introduced the number, who is the first person that tell the others that the 'tree' is the tree, etc...But it is not wrong to create curiosity in our mind right.Anyway, lets go back to the main topic that is FRIEND.Because I love to visit my "Uncle Google", I asked "him" to explain me the meaning of FRIEND.Below here I attached some meaning that attract my attention that can be shared with everyone.

I'm not simply put the quotes below just for fun. Here, I post the quotes that reflect my thinking about FRIENDSHIP. I just don't know how to describe it with my own words so I need help from these quotes to explain to everyone on what I understand about FRIENDSHIP.
******************************************************************************************************************


  • "True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it be lost." - Charles Caleb Colton
  • "My friends are my estate."- Emily Dickinson
  • "Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.Walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus (also attributed to Maimonidies). Sent by clovers
  • "Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather is one of those things that give value to survival." - C. S. Lewis
  • "The better part of one's life consists of his friendships." - Abraham Lincoln
  • "Friendship: a building contract you sign with laughter and break with tears."
  • "Anybody can sympathise with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathise with a friend's success." - Oscar Wilde
  • "If you judge people, you have no time to love them." - Mother Teresa
  • "Without friends no one would choose to live, though he had all other goods." - Artistotle
  • "Friendship is always a sweet responsibilty, never an oppourtunity." - Kahil Gibran
  • "Friendship that flows from the heart cannot be frozen by adversity, as the water that flows from the spring cannogt congeal in winter." - James Fenimore Cooper
  • "Best friends are like diamonds, precious and rareFalse friends are like leaves, found everywhere."- Anoymous
  • "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
  • "Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't say."
  • "How do you know you've found your best friend. When you are ready to talk to them about anything, even though they know everything about you already."
  • "A world without a friend, what would it be? It would be like a world without water, something you need. Friends are like glass, once broken, they are hard to fix. Keep your friends, as you would keep your water."
  • "A friend will be there for you when things are good...but a TRUE friend will be there for you when things are good and also when things are very bad...and just when it feels like you will never smile again...she can put a smile on your face with just with a hug!"
  • "Have no friends not equal to yourself."- Confucious (551 - 497 BC) Chinese philosopher.
  • "To like and dislike the same things, that is indeed true friendship."- Sallust (86 - 334 BC) Roman historian
  • "Friendship with oneself is all-important because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world."- Eleanor Roosevelt
  • "A true friend stabs you in the front."- Oscar Wilde
  • "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious, it is the true sourse of art, science, and friendship."- Albert Einstien
  • "Never shall I forget the days I spent with you. Continue to be my friend, as you will always find me yours."- Ludwig van Beethoven
  • "Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light."- Helen Keller
  • "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." - Martin Luther King Jr.
  • "A friend in need is a friend indeed."- Latin Proverb
  • "Life without a friend is like death without a witness."- Spanish Proverb
  • "THERE ARE MANY TYPES OF SHIPS. THERE ARE WOODEN SHIPS ,PLASTIC SHIPS, AND METAL SHIPS. BUT THE BEST AND MOST IMPORTAINT TYPES OF SHIPS ARE FRIENDSHIPS."- OLD IRISH QUOTE
  • " A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that the gentlest of hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away."- Arabian Proverb
  • "It is better to be in chains with friends , than to be in a garden with strangers." -Persian Proverb
***************************************************************************************
******That's all the quotes I can use to describe my understanding on FRIENDSHIP.What can I summarized here is everyone need friends in their life.No one want to be lonely because when we have friend, at least we have a partner to share our happiness and sadness. Even sometimes, the beginning of the ENEMY is from the FRIEND relationship.someone will not be someone else ENEMY unless there are friend before.********

No comments:

Post a Comment